Resolve Access Error code 3343 in Access 2016, 2013, 2010
Lindsey Smith |
February 5th, 2018 |
“I recently created an ACCDB database file in Microsoft Access 2010 and I have been working on it for the last few months. One day, I was trying to access this file and all of sudden I received an error ‘Unrecognized Database Format C:\Users\Name\Documents\mydatabase.accdb’ message. It was a very challenging task and I got stuck here. Even I tried to open database file in MS Access again, but I still got the same error in the database MS access unrecognized database format error 3343. Please suggest me a suitable solution to resolve this problem.“
In the today’s arena, multiple technicalities keep on rising. Therefore, many times while accessing ACCDB file in MS Access version 2010. Users get stuck and receive Access Database Error 3343 due to certain reasons. Therefore, in the following section, we are going to discuss various manual solutions to resolve “Access Error code 3343”. Before that, let us explore how to get rid of this error code.
Reasons to Fix Unrecognized Database Error 3343
When users try to open a database file that may get corrupted or it also occurs when a person attempts to open Microsoft Access file in other MS access version or due to several other causes. First of all, corruption of database file has become critical but yet can be easily controlled. Further, we are going to discuss manual ways to get rid of this MS Access error 3343 Unrecognized database format ACCDB.
Methods to Resolve MS Access Unrecognized Database Error 3343
There are multiple ways due to which users can easily fix runtime error 3343 unrecognized database format in Access 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 versions. You can follow any method according to your need. Let us have a look:
Open Access File in Another Access database edition or older editions
To fix this issue, follow these below steps:
- First, click on Settings, go to Files and then, press Options.
- In the Creating Database, go along with a New Database Sort Order.
- Make sure you must check General >> Legacy setting, which can be followed by ‘General’ format Microsoft Access 2010 will not open it.
- After successful modification opens it in versions of MS Access database 2010.
Corrupted Database File
Apart from the access database version issues. Another way to repair corrupt Access database file users needs to import damaged file to a newly created MS Access 2010 database file. The following steps are to import .accdb file to a newly created Access database file:
- First of all, create a new database file.
- In the External Data tab, hit on Access to import option.
- Click on Browse and then, locate the corrupt database file. Now, press Ok button on the Window prompt.
- In the end, select the complete database objects for importing and click OK button.
If the above-described method is unable to fix Microsoft Access Database error 3343, try below Method.
Use Compact and Repair Inbuilt Software
To solve Access unrecognized database error 3343, when Import option gets failed by using Compact & Repair Utility. Generally, this software starts repairing damaged part of indexes, tables, queries, and indexes. To Run these follow steps:
- Select Tools option, click on Database Utilities and choose Compact and Repair option.
- Now, you can save the recovered database file to a new specific location.
Use Third-Party Utility to Fix MS Access Error 3343
This utility is programmed to repair corruption from DB files without any data loss. To go through the functionalities, users can simply download its trial edition. It allows a user to fix MS Access 3343 error and recover data without altering the original database. Some inclusive benefits of this software are given below:
- Ability to load and preview the entire content with associated properties or attributes
- Allows to remove corruption from damaged files
- Option to retrieve tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, etc.
- File Structure is maintained during the recovery of data from MS Access database
- Facility to Save Healthy Database files With Schema as well as Schema & Data
- Supports all latest version of MS Access database and Windows Operating system
In the above discussion, we have discussed multiple ways to fix MS Access Error 3343 in detail. Besides this, all possible reason behind the occurrence of this error code is also described. Also, a professional way is discussed to fix MS Access unrecognized database error 3343 as mentioned above. Also, we have covered some unique features of the tool in a clear way.