admin | July 11th, 2019 | Lotus Notes, Outlook
“Recently, I bought a new laptop and configured Outlook with it. I want to migrate my few Lotus Notes emails to Outlook. So, I started browsing the Internet to find a way to move data. After spending a few hours on the Internet I got to know that in Lotus Notes, data is saved in NSF file format whereas Outlook is compatible with PST file format. So, I understood that I need to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST format. I am stuck in this situation as I am not able to find a simple yet reliable approach to export email from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Please suggest me a versatile solution to implement the task.”
Are you also struggling with a similar problem? Want to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook without data loss? Do not worry, here is the trick! In this blog, we are going to introduce a step-by-step process to convert Lotus Notes NSF emails into Outlook PST file format.
One can easily convert Lotus Notes NSF email into Outlook PST file format by SysTools Export Notes Software. With this utility, the user can export Lotus Notes data including emails, calendars, contacts, notes, etc. into PST file format. Moreover, the tool also permits the user to export selective data into PST format. The software is integrated with various features which makes easy for the user to perform the export process. There is no alteration in the formatting of data as the software maintains HTML formatting, Internet Header, Doclinks of NSF emails. Some of the amazing functionalities of the software are:
To export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook via SysTools Export Notes, the user need to follow the procedure explained below:
Before Moving Further, Follow Pre-Requisites:
1. Download, install and launch SysTools Export Notes utility on your system
2. Click on the Browse button to insert the NSF file
3. To select Lotus Notes contact file i.e. names.nsf. Click on the second Browse button
4. Now, you will see three different Export options that are: Migrate Contacts into Separate PST file, Export Selected Folders, Map CN values with SMTP address according to selected names.nsf
5. Select any of the options are per your requirements and click on the Next button
6. In the Select Categories, you need to select Lotus Notes data to be exported. Here, you need to select the Mail option
7. To export the selective emails according to date, you can also apply date filter option. One just need to select the date range in To and From fields
8. For Advanced Settings, check the box adjacent to Apply Advanced Option. One can implement various settings such as HTML Formatting, Internet Header, Remove Encryption, Email Address Translation, Custom Folder(s) Mapping, etc.
9. To split the resultant PST file, select Split Options for Outlook data file
10. In the Destination section, click on the Change button to select the desired location to save the resultant file
11. Finally, click on the Export button to begin the process. After the completion of the export process, one can also save the export report if required
Every user wants the best platform to manage an organization’s work and communication process. Due to demerits associated with Lotus Notes email client such as complex user interface, lack of advanced features, improper management of data, etc. users decide to switch to a performance-rich and versatile platform. Most of the users prefer to migrate from Lotus Notes to Outlook platform as it is efficient. Thus, they search for an instant and simple way to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook. To help out all the user, we have introduced an automated way to move data from Lotus Notes to Outlook in a hassle-free way.